16 January 2013
NHS Western Isles
- The board’s basic allocation from the Scottish Government for 2010-11 is £58.1m
- The board must save £4.4m, or 7.6% of their basic allocation, to break even in 2010-11
- There are 360.8 WTE nursing and midwifery staff in post at 31 March 2011.
- A reduction of 7.7 WTE nursing and midwifery staff in post has occurred between 30 September 2010 and 31 March 2011, which is a 2.1% decrease in nursing and midwifery WTE.
- Nursing and midwifery account for 57.9% of WTE reductions across staff groups which have decreased over this six month period.